Meg's Memo

. . .writings from Wilmington.

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Before & After - Dining Room

How about another installment on my Before & After Series - Ha! I just like to say that, as if I have LOTS of followers & readers of my not-at-all-famous blog.  
Honestly, I only keep up this blog to keep our families up to date & because it is our yearly family photo album.  Every year, I print off my blog on Blog2Print & have a hard cover book for our coffee table.  That reminds me, I still need to print off 2012 from my blog.  I am waiting for some extra money. Okay, back to Before & After of our dining room.  It was originally a deck that the former owners finished off & we think they used it as their sunroom. This house has lots of additions.

BEFORE pictures of the sunroom:

In Progress AFTER pictures of the dining room:

We are still needing to finish the ceiling & put in some overhead lighting.  We are wanting to do plank board on the ceiling.  Most likely we will do some recessed lighting as well as a light over the table.  I am thinking something like THIS...Jake will be making it, we won't buy it.
A close up of the buffet is HERE.
Eventually we are wanting to do some hooks & cubbies to the right of the door.  The kids could put their shoes, jackets, backpacks, etc. in that corner.
 I choose JOY  I Thessalonians 5:16



0 comments: